Much can be lost in companies because of employees’ poor presentation skills – money, time and what may be worse, both the individual and organization’s reputation. Our training courses and workshops are designed to make presenting in English simpler, smoother and altogether less stressful. Aimed at groups of people with an upper intermediate and advanced level of English.
You can access my online services at janicehaywood.online
(3 or 4 Hours Duration)
Is there a specific area of presenting where you need to improve? A combination of skills and language focus, our workshops have been designed to help you excel in the most important areas of public speaking.
- Adapting your presentation to the virtual scenario
- How to overcome your fear of presenting in English
- How to turn a technical presentation into an engaging talk
- “Once upon a time…”, Don’t present, tell a story instead
- How to present concisely to senior executives
- Handling the question and answer session with confidence
- Body language, gestures and voice – Take control!
- The language you need to talk about facts and figures
- Create an audience focused presentation for maximum impact
- Learn the best ways to open and close your presentation
Training course: Fundamental Presentation Skills
10-12 Hours Duration
This course is aimed at people who have very little experience of presenting. It will provide participants with the basic techniques to help them feel more confident about presenting in English. Participants need a B2 level of English to participate.
- What makes an effective presentation?
- Planning a Presentation – Key considerations when planning a presentation such as the audience, objective and key message
- Structuring a Presentation-. Using the “Introduction/Opening/Main
- Body/Summary/Conclusion” model to structure the presentation.
- How to begin a presentation with impact
- Phrases in English – The most important phrases to introduce and link each part of the presentation and to open and close.
- Finishing with a clear summary and strong, inspiring conclusion
- Using visual aids – The do’s and don’ts regarding visual aids and how to make them effective.
- Presentation style – Considering the impact of presentation delivery, including; mannerisms, gestures, eye contact, voice and managing nerves.
- The Question & Answer Session – How to respond to any question with calmness and confidence
- Tips for effective virtual presenting
- Presentation Practice – Participants practice their presenting skills and provide and receive feedback in a safe environment.
Training course: Presenting with Impact
15 Hours Duration
This course is aimed at people who have had experience of presenting in English. It is assumed that participants already know the basics of good presenting and are looking to take their presentation skills to the next level.
- The presentation that tried to save lives
- Profiling the audience to ensure targeted content
- Defining your ‘Big Idea’ – a clear, concise message linked to a clear objective
- How to brainstorm then structure content using the ‘rule of 3’
- Increasing impact via the balance of analytical & emotional components, storytelling principles & powerful language techniques
- Slides – think like a designer
- It’s a performance – essential delivery guidelines around gestures, voice & use of space
- How to end on a high – conclusions with impact
- Presenting to senior executives – how to get to the point quickly & effectively
- Tips for effective virtual presenting
- Techniques to deal with difficult questions
- Your mindset and how it affects your performance
- Presentation practice
Training course: Advanced Presentation Techniques
(16 Hours Duration)
This course is aimed at managers and directors who have an Advanced level of English (C2) and who have considerable experience in public speaking. Course participants will perfect their skills enabling them to deliver an influential and high impact presentation.
- Who you are as a speaker and how to manage the audience’s perception of you
- A preparation checklist – profiling the audience, creating a clear objective and key message and developing a coherent structure for your presentation
- Fine tuning your ‘big idea’ – a laser focused key message
- How to create a powerful opening and ending
- The concept of ‘pacing’ the audience as tool to demonstrate empathy
- Influence the audience via rapport building, narration and embedded commands
- Language impact techniques – contrasting, metphors, repetition
- Impactful visual aids – creating ‘designer’ slides
- Discovering your authentic public speaking self
- How to develop ‘leadership presence’ when communicating
- The C3 model of influence in public speaking
- Fielding aggressive questions and dealing with hecklers
- Presentation delivery by participants, video recorded and critiqued.
“The presentation skills course I attended with Janice has been fantastic. With innovative theoretical content and many of practical examples. It has made me improve my way of presenting significantly. I have been able to recognize and improve my weak areas and also strengthen my natural abilties. The only disadvantage of this course is not to have done it before!”
Mariano de Abajo Bedmar, IT Unit Manager for Investments, AXA